JUNIOR COMPETITON FINALS SERIES UPDATE

Mar 24, 2021 | Uncategorized

JUNIOR COMPETITON FINALS SERIES UPDATE

 

With the weather finally easing last night, we would like to update all of our members on scenarios for completion of the junior competition.

 

For the U7 and U9 age groups, unfortunately we will not be able to complete the competition and hold our normal grand final night. As such those competitions are now complete for the season. If you were unable to collect your team trophies from Brad this week, please make contact with him to arrange collection. Thank you for your support of Ballina Touch and we hope to see you again next year.

 

For the U11 – U17 age groups, a field inspection will be conducted late Thursday afternoon where we will determine what fields are potentially going to be suitable for play on Friday night. There are 3 possible scenarios from this.

 

Scenario 1. We have enough fields available to play both scheduled semi-finals and grand finals for each division on the same night – Friday night.

Scenario 2. We have enough fields available to play a grand final only on Friday night, in which case it would revert to Team no.1 from the ladder vs Team no. 2.

Scenario 3. We do not have enough fields to play grand finals only on Friday night (as outlined in scenario 2), and have to postpone completion of the competition until after the school holidays.

 

Whilst we understand that some people may not be happy with any of these scenarios, we remain in the hands of the weather gods in order to be able to complete our competition. We will provide further information and hopefully a draw for Friday night tomorrow evening following the field inspections.

 

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding.

 

Scott Turner

 

Director Junior Touch

Director Coaching

Ballina Bull Sharks

 

 

Navigate the News